What’s the very best way to make combat-effective round placement in the shortest amount of time against a close-quarter edged weapon attack?
EW CQB – Edged Weapons CQB
Novice operators laugh out loud “Well, if he’s got a knife, then I’ll just shoot him! He shouldn’t have brought a knife to a gunfight!” However, the sobering truth is that unless you can draw from your holster, defeat your retention device(s), make combat effective shot placement while moving and all under 1.5 seconds, you don’t stand a chance against a dedicated attacker coming straight at you with the intent of chopping your head off in under seven yards.
This training program answers the most commonly asked questions I have fielded from multiple agencies over the years: What’s the very best way to make combat effective round placement in the shortest amount of time?
- Course Length: 2 Days (16 hours)
- Facilities: PowerPoint – no mats needed
- Prerequisites: Basic firearms handling skills
- Weapons: None – only a replica (blue/ red) inert training handgun (SIRT and Airsoft OK), with matching holster
- Proir Edged Weapons Training/ Experience: None
- Requirements: Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid ID
- What to Expect: Brief lecture, demonstration, practical familiarization exercises (mostly hands-on), information-based training and light physical activity.
- What to Bring: A replica (blue/ red) inert training handgun (SIRT and Airsoft OK), with matching holster in the access position you normally carry (IWB/ OWB). Remember that you will react in the way you were trained so the very best value for your time and money is to train the way you regularly carry.