- Course Length: 1 Day (8hours)
- Facilities: PowerPoint – no mats needed
- Prerequisites: None
- Weapons: None
- Prior Training: None
- Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age with a valid ID (driver’s license).
- What to expect:Interactive workshop, lecture, demonstration, practical familiarization exercises, information-based training and medium physical activity.
Perfect for open area (parking lots, malls, shopping plazas, etc.,) and confined area applications (hallways, small rooms, stairways,etc.,), this outstanding two-day program of instruction provides systematic and easy-to-apply skills necessary for immediate response.
Retaining control of your firearm at all times remains your highest priority.
Conversely, should you be faced with an assailant (Active Shooter) wielding a handgun, shotgun, sub-gun, carbine or rifle and the opportunity presents itself, this course provides detailed yet easy-to-learn instruction on gun takeaways.
Is there any reason why you SHOULDN’T be able to retain your firearm at all times or know how to take a gun away from an armed assailant?
- Holstered Firearm – Whether you carry open or concealed, IWB or OWB, it’s critical to know and understand what it takes to keep your handgun secured in its designated carry position.
- During Presentation – In the unlikely event of your needed to present your firearm, know how to do so in such a manner to prevent and certainly avoid a weapon takeaway is paramount especially under the duress of such exigent circumstances.
- Supported or Unsupported – Regardless of grip, learn what it takes to retain full control of your weapon when engaging a close quarter threat.
- Retention Position – Anyone who owns and carries a firearm should be well-versed in the weapon retention positions of both a handgun or long gun (shotgun, carbine, rifle, etc.,) knowing what are each and how they work in combination with dynamic bodily movement.
- Counter-retention Draw – Defeating the furtive draw of any assailant should be part and parcel of any gun-owners defensive repertoire. Learn the basics of defeating the furtive draw.
- Counter-retention Pistol – Learn how to disarm an active shooter wielding a handgun. Learn how to identify the “appropriate opportunity” of when and how to disarm.
- Counter-retention Long Gun – Learn what to look for and how to disarm an active shooter wielding a shotgun, sub-gun, carbine or rifle at the appropriate opportunity when it presents itself and how to “make” such an opportunity.
What to Bring:
Comfortable attire – wear what you normally wear. Gloves are mandatory for this training. Notebooks (or notepads) are very welcome. Still photos and limited video OK.
This is a very fun and easy-to-learn class! You walk away with a tremendous amount of EXTREMELY valuable and useful information with very minimal physical effort.
To be determined by hosting entity – minimally inert/ blue/ red gun (handgun) and matching holster. If long gun, please bring a VERY sturdy and secure sling system.