Designed specifically for DoD/ LEO application this is a high-profile protective services training package.
- Course Length: 2 Days (16hours)
- Facilities: PowerPoint – no mats needed
- Prerequisites: None
- Weapons: None
- Prior Training: None
- Requirements: Established by hosting agency.
Take advantage of this extremely rare opportunity to learn about managing concentric rings of protection in high-threat environments, Protective Intelligence, Protective Operations Planning, Transportation Configurations, AOP Response Options, Lead Car Recovery, Arrivals and Departures, Down Vehicle Movement/ Response, Single Vehicle Cover and Evac to Hard Points, Controlling of the principle, De-conflicting blue on blue and other essential protective skills in this vetted, easy-to-follow protection training curriculum allowing you the opportunity to develop specialized skills to solve difficult threat engagement problems in a protective environment.
Designed specifically for DoD/ LEO application this is a 360 professional hands-on Protective Services approach to doing what it takes to get yourself and your protectee(s) immediately off the “X” and to safety. Applicable to confined/ open-area, ground/ air transport and high-threat area movements, this is an opportunity for you to take home field-tested techniques, sustainment drills and proven tactics utilized by today’s protection professionals.
Course content covers operative fundamentals of protective movement to include: Protective Intelligence, Attack Recognition, Threat Assessment, Counter surveillance, commo tree(s) and non-comm signals, brevity codes, car pick-ups, variants, surveillance detection routes, drop-offs, points of domination, areas of responsibility, protective team member roles and responsibilities, controlled and uncontrolled area movement, attack scenarios, working entries and exits, engaging multiple threats and avoidance, defusing/ de-escalation and defense against single and multiple assailants.
What to expect:Brief lecture, demonstration, practical familiarization exercises (mostly hands-on), information-based training and medium physical activity.
*** DoD/ LEO PARTICIPATION ONLY ***
KEY TOPICS COVERED
- Protective Intelligence – Threat Management and Protection, Lowering the Threat Profile, Managing a Threat Progression and Breaking the Attack Cycle
- Fundamentals of Protection – Protective Concepts and Measures, Proactive and Reactive Measures, and employment of requisite supporting skills and tools
- Managing Attacks on Principal (AOPs) – Threat Assessment, Operational Planning, Attack Recognition, AOP Management
- Buildings and Structures – Managing approaches/ departures, “reading”, Points of Domination (PODs), Areas of Responsibility (AORs), Protective Detail team roles and responsibilities
- Motorcade Protection – Transportation Configurations, Arrivals, departures and variants (known/ unknown), Surveillance Detection Routes (SDRs) and Lead/ Follow (single/ multiple) vehicle movement.
What to Bring:Program of instruction can be run slick or in full kit based on training supervisory recommendation. Notebooks (or notepads) are very welcome. Still photos and limited video OK.
Inert weapons are required for this program of instruction. All other training materials supplied.