Protect yourself and your loved ones with the skills of a trained Protective Agent. Think and move like the professionals.
- Course Length: 2 Days (16hours)
- Facilities: PowerPoint – no mats needed
- Prerequisites: None
- Weapons: None
- Prior Training: None
- Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age with a valid ID (driver’s license)
- What to expect:Brief lecture, demonstration, practical familiarization exercises (mostly hands-on), information-based training and light physical activity.
Learn the skills and gain the knowledge of a highly trained protective agent. Take advantage of this extremely rare opportunity to learn from protective service professionals from deep within the US Defense Intelligence community. Protective programs defensive tactics subject matter expert and world-class educator Steve Tarani steps outside “the Agency” to provide you with this vetted, unarmed, easy-to-follow protective agents training curriculum allowing you the opportunity to develop and utilize your instinctive reflexes to resolve issues involving the threat of an attack on yourself and those close to you.
*** NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED ***
This is NOT martial arts – this is NOT crime prevention – this IS a professional hands-on protective services approach to doing what it takes to get yourself and your loved ones out of trouble and immediately to safety. Applicable at home, at school, at work, in your car, and while on vacation, this is an opportunity for you to take home field-tested “bread and butter” techniques, sustainment drills and proven tactics gleaned from the professionals.
KEY TOPICS COVERED
- Fundamentals of Protection – Exactly what you need to know to keep yourself and your family safe from current and emerging threats.
- Protective Intelligence – What the professionals know about managing real-world threats.
- Preventative Defense – How to use your environment as an extension of your awareness.
- Threat Assessment/ Attack Recognition – How to identify, mitigate and if necessary defend against an actual threat.
- Unarmed Active Shooter Response – What to do in the event of an active shooter in your home, at work, school, when shopping, etc.
- Protected Movement – How to effectivelymove yourself and your family to and from controlled and uncontrolled areas under duress.
- Protective Measures – How to control an actual threat engagement, protection to/ from and in your car (vehicular approaches and departures), How to lower your Threat Profile, How to take and keep positive control of your environment (home, work, school, travel, etc.,) Managing the fateful Injury/ Distance liability gap.Learn the three things you need to know to take and keep control of any threat.
- Defensive Tactics – Defense against single and multiple assailants.
- At a Glance – Learn how to “read” buildings and doors both of which can tell you everything you need to know about where to go and what to do, all from a single glance.
- Approaches and Departures– Know what protection professionals know in exactly what to look for when approaching or departing from either a vehicle or a building.
- Control Points – Learn exactly where and how control points work and how you can use them to put yourself in an advantageous position.
What to Bring: Wear what you normally wear. Notebooks (or notepads) are very welcome.
Still photos and limited video approved.
This is a fun and easy-to-learn course! You walk away with a tremendous amount of EXTREMELY valuable and useful information with minimal physical effort.
No live fire – this is not a live-fire firearms course.
No weapons necessary, however if you normally carry a folding knife then bring it.
If you are a CCW (carry concealed weapon(s)) permit holder, it is strongly recommended that you train with a replica/ facsimile of your handgun as part of this course. Bring a (blue/ red/ inert) training gun with matching holster in the carry position you normally carry (IWB, OWB, etc.,). Remember that you will react in the way you were trained so the very best value for your dollar is to train the way you regularly carry.