An illumination tool used as a defensive weapon affords you the combined benefit of on-demand light and defensive measures in the palm of your hand. Introducing one of the most powerful, legal to carry (even on airplanes), reliable and rugged hand-held weapons available: the hi-lumen compact lightweight flashlight
- Course Length: 1 Days (8hours)
- Facilities: PowerPoint – no mats needed
- Prerequisites: None
- Weapons: None
- Prior Training: None
- Requirements: Must be over 18 years of age with a valid ID (driver’s license)
- What to expect:Brief lecture, demonstration, practical familiarization exercises (mostly hands-on), information-based training and medium physical activity.
What if you were suddenly confronted with a hand-held object (such as a knife, screwdriver, shank, broken glass, etc.,) and there is no time to escape or deploy other options? This course empowers you with the confidence to effectively control such situations by employing appropriate protective concepts and measures.
In this outstanding one-day block of study you will be presented with the essential building blocks for surviving an attack at conversational ranges using your hi-lumen illumination tool. Scope of study includes basic stances, grips, operation and defense against a personal attack in the event of an actual close quarter altercation. Topics include anatomy of engagement, empty hand versus weapon, carry and deployment, reactive defense against attacks on your person with a weapon and appropriate protective measures.
- Range and Position – How to assume immediate control of both your distance from an assailant and relative position in any an engagement.
- Protective Measures – Tactical Carry and Deployment of your flashlight.
- Grips, Stances and Operation – Immediate acquisition of combative grips, mobile fighting platform and protective techniques.
- Take and Keep Initiative – How to break from any attack and move to a position of advantage.
- Immediate Action Drills – Learn reactive response for any attack at close quarters.
- Immobilization Techniques – How to immobilize an attacker when “closing in.”
- Successfully Engaging a Physical Threat – When to “Get In” and handle it and when to “Get Out” and disengage
- Disarming – How to effectively disarm an assailant using your flashlight.
What to Bring:
This is fun and easy to learn! You walk away with a tremendous amount of EXTREMELY valuable and useful information with minimal physical effort.
No weapons required for this program of instruction. All materials supplied.