How can you defend yourself with one of the most effective impact weapons available?
- Course Length: 2 Days (16hours)
- Facilities: PowerPoint – no mats needed
- Prerequisites: None
- Weapons: None
- Prior Training: None
- Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age with a valid ID (driver’s license)
- What to expect: Brief lecture, demonstration, practical familiarization exercises (mostly hands-on), information-based training and light physical activity.
The walking stick and cane are considered “medical devices” and can be carried on an airplane and in countries where both firearms and edged weapons are not permitted. This course additionally provides training in defense against sudden assaults by attackers wielding weapons at close quarters.
Scope of course application includes sudden altercation with any edged or impact weapon or weaponless attacks such as multiple armed assailants and with your life or severe bodily injury at risk and no time to escape or deploy other options.
This course instills confidence and capability to effectively control such situations by employing appropriate defensive measures in using the walking stick/ cane to avoid, mitigate or defend against an attack in self-defense.
*** NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED ***
This is NOT martial arts – this IS a practical hands-on protective approach to doing what it takes to get yourself and your loved ones out of trouble and immediately to safety. Applicable when to and from destinations on foot and when traveling this is an opportunity for you to take home field-tested “bread and butter” techniques.
- Rapid Deployment – Demonstrate proficiency in safe carry and rapid deployment of a walking stick or cane regardless of material, length, shape or design.
- The Anatomy of Defense – Gain proficiency in operative handling (strikes, thrusts, blocks, parries, evasions, locks and controls) rapid acquisition of combative grips and effective manipulation.
- Attack Recognition – Instantly recognize the most common types of attacks (someone wielding a knife or impact weapon) as well as the advantages and disadvantages of common grips, stances and methods of operation that can be used to defend against any attack.
- Range Identification – Instantly identify the distances of engagement in any contact weapon attack and the options available for self-defense at each range employing the walking stick or cane.
- Evasion, Escape and Control – Confidently demonstrate knowledge of walking stick/ cane defense by execution of evasions, escapes from and control of an attacker.
- Disarming – Disarm and control an attacker employing the walking stick or cane at close quarters.
No weapons – all required training materials are provided.
What to Bring: Your walking stick, or cane. Also, wear what you normally wear. Notebooks (or notepads) are very welcome. Still photos and limited video OK.