You may not carry a weapon, but you’ll never be unarmed!
- Course Length: 2 Days (16hours)
- Facilities: PowerPoint – no mats needed
- Prerequisites: None
- Weapons: None
- Prior Training: None
- Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age with a valid ID (driver’s license)
What to expect: Brief lecture, demonstration, practical familiarization exercises (mostly hands-on), information-based training and medium physical activity.
Scope of study includes defense against firearms, edged weapons and impact weapons in the event of an attack at close quarters. Topics include empty hand versus weapons, reactive defense against close quarter attacks, immediate recognition and effective application of improvised weapons. Graduates will demonstrate proficiency in the usage of non-ballistic weapons including edged, impact, flexible (t-shirt, belt, scarf, purse, etc.,) and other weapons of opportunity based on immediate access
Take advantage of this extremely rare opportunity to train with a real-world Protection Specialist from deep within the US Defense Intelligence community to develop the skills and take home the tools of the professionals. Designed for professionals and presented in an industry standard program of instruction training format this is NOT a martial arts class.
- Resource Assessment Listing –How to rapidly identify andimmediately recognize improvised weapons at home, work, school, your car, a restaurant, etc.
- Weapons of Opportunity – How to gain proficiency in the usage of edged, impact, flexible and other weapons of opportunity based on exigent need
- Effective and Safe Handling – How to safely and effectively usean improvised weapon as a viable force option.
- Gain and Keep Control – How to gain control of and manipulate an attacker using improvised weapons.
- Disarming – How to disarm an opponent with a gun, knife and other conventional weapons using improvised weapons.
- Multiple Assailants – How to use “attack recognition” to break away from and take the initiative over single or multiple assailants utilizing improvised weapons
- Hostage Recovery – How to escape from a high-threat hostage situation using your environment and improvised weapons.
What to Bring:
Comfortable attire but not sweatpants. Wear what you normally wear. Notebooks (or notepads) are very welcome. Still photos and limited video OK.
This is a fun and easy-to-learn course! You walk away with a tremendous amount of EXTREMELY valuable and useful information with minimal physical effort.
The only thing you need to bring to this course is an extra T-shirt to be used for your “flexible weapon” training. No weapons required for this program of instruction. All other materials supplied.